We are a young tech start-up based in Berlin-Kreuzberg that provides cross-device technology to improve digital advertising. Our cross-device technology was completely built in-house and complies with EU and German privacy regulations. The core of our tech is our Roq.ad Cross-Device Marketing Graph, which predicts what internet devices belong to the same user based on a probabilistic and deterministic approach. Many international brands such as Axel Springer, Vodafone, Red Bull, and Deutsche Bank are already satisfied customers and many market leading AdTech companies are our partners. For our proprietary technology we were acknowledged as one of the Top 3 Companies to watch in 2015 in Germany and also as a Top EU Tech Company by European Tech Tour.
We are looking for a Software Engineer (m/f) to join our team. Our ideal candidate will be creative, enthusiastic and good at “getting things done.” She/he will work with us in the heart of Poznan and play an active role in our future.
- Design and implement highly scalable systems for low latency, high throughput request processing.
- Create production quality code to process hundreds of thousands of queries per second in a distributed environment.
- Write good quality and high performant code.
- Continuously improve yours and your colleagues code.
- Create unit tests for your code.
- Signing off on code reviews.
- Work in accordance with Git-flow approach.
- Automate boring parts of the software development.
- Document and collaborate in WIKI, JIRA & Bitbucket.
What we expect from you:
You must have the following:
- Great coding abilities.
- Good understanding of computer architecture, algorithms complexity, data structures and their properties.
- Ability to code in Java, Scala or Python.
- Understanding of Linux operating system on a user level.
- Understanding of object oriented design principles.
- Problem solving attitude and love for writing good software.
- Ability to rapidly learn new technologies.
- Good understanding of relational database model and SQL.
- Knowledge of REST architectural style and HTTP protocol.
- English (read and write documentation).
Optional, but works in your favor:
- Experience in non-blocking asynchronous architectures.
- Experience in functional programming.
- Understanding of Linux operating system on an advanced level.
- Experience with AWS infrastructure.
- Deep understanding of JVM (memory management and garbage collection, Java memory model, concurrency, etc.).
- Understanding of no-sql approaches to data modelling.
- Experience with machine learning algorithms and/or RTB ecosystem.
- Fluency in English.
What we offer:
- Work with an extremely motivated and skilled team of top performers.
- A competitive salary.
- Hardware and software of your choice (laptop with Linux, OSX or Windows, external monitor, IntelliJ IDEA, etc.).
- Great office located in the city center of Poznan.
- Conference budget.
- Company team building retreats in attractive locations.
- Wednesday team lunches and Friday drinks.
- Free snacks, coffee & drinks.
Send your application with your CV attached to email@example.com.